- During which month of pregnancy should a woman enroll in the program?
She can join at any time during the pregnancy. She would benefit more if she joins early in her pregnancy.
- How does this training help the pregnant woman?
This training program helps the pregnant mother in many ways-
a. It generates a positive mental attitude all through the 40-weeks of pregnancy and the perinatal period
b. Greater possibility of normal delivery
c. Improved health
d. Reduced risk of complications and, most importantly
e. An enjoyable pregnancy experience
- How can the woman ensure that she will conceive an ideal child?
A woman can conceive an ideal child through a powerful desire, strong will, prayer and a positive attitude.
- Is it possible to have a smart, intelligent, and well-behaved child?
Yes, certainly. The right kind of prenatal training of the mother emphasizing respect and love for others will result in the birth of a smart baby.
- Does prayer affect the development of the baby?
Absolutely, according to both religion and modern science, scientifically speaking, there is a behavioral stabilization for both mother and fetus. Pregnancy-related problems are eliminated. Science has overwhelmingly acknowledged that prayer leads to the holistic health of both mother and baby.
We in India believe that babies are not just accidental occurrences. There is a purpose behind each and every baby’s arrival into this world. A mother carries only that baby who has been chosen for her by the Divine based on her own wishes and her spiritual preparation. It has also been proven that others can pray for the pregnant mother for a positive outcome. The power lies in the prayer and pious thoughts, which enhance a mother’s positive outlook, while mitigating the impact of any negative impressions carried from previous lives by the baby.
- How does exercise help the baby?
As little as 20 minutes of exercise 3 times a week can enhance a newborn’s brain activity.
- Can the fetus be educated while still in the womb?
Yes, the earliest learning of a child begins in the womb itself.
- What is the appropriate kind of education that will shape the future child while in the womb?
Spiritual education is the most appropriate kind to provide to the baby in the womb. This is best achieved through the mother’s pure and lofty thoughts, noble feelings, and by staying in pleasant, calm and harmonious surroundings.
- Which of the senses does the baby in utero develop first?
The sense of touch develops as early as 5 to 6 weeks of conception.
- When does the baby first hear inside the womb?
Babies are capable of hearing from 14 weeks of conception. Music and stories specifically directed at the baby are well received and learned by it.
- Do babies really listen to music?
Ultrasound studies have shown that babies calm down with soft classical music but kick and move violently when exposed to loud rock music.
- Does the baby have a sense of taste?
Around 12 weeks after conception the taste structures develop. It has been shown that inside the womb swallowing by the baby speeds up when the mother consumes sweets, while bitter foods slow it down which indicates advanced sense of taste.
- During pregnancy, do dreams affect the fetus?
Yes, mother’s dreams do affect the fetus.
- Is fetus capable of dreaming?
From 28 weeks of conception fetal brain wave activity features sleep cycles including REM sleep during which a baby can have dreams.
- Can the mother have coffee during pregnancy?
Yes, but only minimally, because research shows that, while the mother takes only four hours to eliminate the caffeine from her system, the baby requires as much as four days to do so.
- Is alcohol allowed during pregnancy?
Drinking alcohol during pregnancy leads to a baby with low IQ, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), advises women not to drink alcohol in any quantity.
- I suffer from occasional stress at work and home. Would this have any effect on my unborn baby?
High level of anxiety can affect the baby. It has been shown that anxiety during pregnancy is likely to cause behavioral issues, depression, and anxiety in later years. This outcome can be lessened by prayer, soft music, and meditation which have a calming influence on the baby.
- Does the baby feel pain in utero?
Babies do feel pain while they are still in the womb. In fact, the perception of pain appears sooner in fetuses and lasts longer than in adults.